26 March 2015
The microwave oven introduced a great convenience to the modern kitchen, providing a fast and economical way to cook. However, when a microwave oven breaks down and is in need of repair, homeowners should bear in mind that a microwave is different. Check out the reasons you should avoid DIY repairs on a microwave oven. Microwaves Have A High Voltage Capacitor Normally, when you unplug an electrical device, it renders it safer to work on.
26 March 2015
Mold is a health hazard and should be removed from your home wherever you find it. It can be harder to remove mold from carpet than something like tile or dry wall because of how mold spores can hide deep down within the carpet, but it's possible to clean and remove without having to replace your carpet completely. Even after mold is removed it can leave stains behind, but those can usually be cleaned up as well using a homemade stain cleaner.
23 March 2015
If you are an owner of an historic home, there may be things that you want to do to preserve your home. It is a lot like owning a piece of history, and even when you do improvements to your piece of history, you want to be able to keep it historically accurate. This can sometimes be difficult when adding things like modern kitchens and other areas to your home. One way to get a historic look with modern appliances is to repair old appliances, as well as retrofit them with modern mechanicals.
18 March 2015
Most homeowners don't realize that their bathrooms are notorious for horrible water damage issues. Most believe that since bathrooms are designed to handle water and moisture, no problems can result. However, this is not the case, especially if you are not being extra cautious about water cleanup in your bathroom. Here are three reasons why you should take water cleanup in your bathroom more seriously: Invisible Problems Prevent Shower from Drying: Clogged drains and other problems that lay underneath the surface of the shower can be the reason that the shower is not completely drying after use.
16 March 2015
If your home has had a recent fire, you may feel overwhelmed by the loss and damage of your belongings. Once the fire is out, your first move is to call your insurance company. Your adjuster will inspect the damage done to your home and begin processing your claim. Depending on the extent of damage, you may need to move into temporary housing--either a hotel or a rental. Then the work of removing and repairing the fire damage begins.
11 March 2015
Mold is no stranger to humid climates or spaces with poor ventilation. If you live somewhere where mold is common, you may be wondering how toxic your mold problem is. Unfortunately, identifying the level of toxicity of mold is not as easy as just looking at the color of the mold you have. In fact, mold itself is not toxic. The mycotoxins the mold produces is what is actually toxic to your health.